financialtreat – will explain about Responsibilities of Accounting Manager Job for a Future Career which you will get in the following article. let’s look at this article carefully!
An accounting manager job is someone who has the task of managing accounting records, preparing financial reports, setting standard costs and production costs, analyzing financial data, maintaining accounting systems, and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and relevant laws.
Responsibilities of a Job Accounting Manager for a Future Career
Duties and Responsibilities of the Accounting Manager
Some of the duties and responsibilities of being an accounting manager are as follows:
- The Accounting Manager is in charge of managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risks for the company
- The Accounting Manager is also in charge of preparing monthly financial statements or costs as well as management performance reports
- Prepare cash projections and deal with cash management issues
- Establish standard costing and determine actual production and service costs
- Conduct financial data analysis and expense monitoring
- Supervise daily operational activities such as invoices, credit management, supply payments, payroll, inventory and other transactions
- Maintain adequate accounting systems and related operations
- Develop and implement internal control policies and procedures
- Ensuring compliance with accounting standards and relevant legislation
- Performs status and financial performance tracking to identify areas for potential improvement
- Connect with external auditors of financial tax consultants, bankers, and other financial needs
- Responsible for ensuring the availability and implementation of performance control mechanisms (speed & cost leadership) to ensure work alignment is maintained
- Determine the priority level of the program or work plan
- Establishing the work schedule of the financial or accounting unit and establishing the responsibilities of the staff
- Indexing the implemented work plan and financing efficiency index
- Collaborating with other managers to make a plan as well as several aspects in the company including general company planning
- Running and operating the wheels of corporate life as effectively and efficiently as possible by cooperating with other managers
- Making important decisions in investments and various financings and all matters related to such decisions
- Connecting the company with the financial market, where the company can later obtain funds and the company’s securities can be traded
Requirements that you must meet to be able to become an Accounting Manager
- Have an Accounting Degree or equivalent
- Have a Professional accounting certificate (CPA or CIMA)
- Having at least 3 years of experience in the same position will be a plus
- Have the ability to use Microsoft Office at least Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have analytical skills and ability to solve problems
- Have experience in financing
- Have a maximum age of 45 years
- Mastering financial issues and accounting
- Mastering taxation, having Brevet A and B certificates
- Dedicated to the organization
- Meticulous and neat in doing every job
- Have good communication skills and are easy to understand by the listeners
- Having the ability to use English both orally and in writing would be preferable to work in this position
- Have the ability to operate an accounting system (Axapta)
- Can delegate tasks to his subordinates and determine priorities
- Must have the ability of accuracy and punctuality in providing reporting
- Can work under pressure
- Being able to make decisions well is not rash
- Have a leadership spirit
Types of Accounting Professions for Future Careers
In addition to being an accountant manager, various accounting professions can be a reference in weighing decisions before setting foot in the world of lectures related to accounting majors. This profession is a domain that is in great demand because its scope is wide even though it is more focused on the fields of finance and economics.
This profession is one of the jobs that is often needed in every company. It can be seen that financial problems are crucial and have a big role in the company. Check out the following article to explore this profession further.
Some accountants are not fixated on working for agencies, organizations, or companies. They can choose a place to work individually. Therefore, there are several types of accountants, such as the following.
1. Public Accountant
The public accounting profession is an accountant with permission from the Minister of Finance in providing public accountant services in Indonesia. These services are divided into two, namely attestation services and non-attestation services.
Attestation services consist of general audits: financial statements, examination of prospective financial statements, examination of proforma financial information reports, review of financial statements, and so on.
Meanwhile, non-attestation services include accounting, finance, management, compilation, taxation, and consulting services.
2. Internal Accountant
This accounting profession is responsible for the process of recording financial transactions, compiling management reports, as well as compiling financial statements in general, such as balance sheets, profit and loss, changes in capital, as well as cash flows of an enterprise.
3. Government Accountant
The Government agencies need this profession in carrying out money tracking. Government accountants work in government agencies, for example in BPKP offices, Financial Supervisory Agencies (BPK), taxation, Corruption Eradication Commissions (KPK) districts to sub-districts.
The main task of this accountant is to compile financial statements and can also audit each government institution at various levels. Another task is to assist the institution in making a plan of activities during the fiscal year.
4. Educator Accountant
This accounting profession is in charge of educating in the field of accounting, carrying out research and development in the accounting sector, and compiling a curriculum for each level of educational units. In simple terms, it is a teacher or lecturer with accounting subjects or courses.
These teaching staff generally work in educational institutions with flexible working hours. They not only teach, but have other jobs such as practice in serving the needs of the community or other parties who need their expertise.
5. Management Accountant
The next type of accounting profession is a management accountant who works in providing information about the financial health of a company or organization so that the company can make the best decisions about the future of the company.
Tasks generally relate to budgeting and planning, external financial reporting, risk management, profitability analysis and other tasks. The management accountant must be able to organize information and present in a simple way to make it easy for business executives to understand.
6. Investment Accountant
This profession carries out tasks in the field of finance and investment whose movement is fast. These accountants often serve for brokerage and/or asset management firms. Investment accountants must have deep knowledge of stocks, bonds, precious metals, and other investment products.
Its primary responsibility is to maintain the investments of the company’s clients while continuing to comply under state regulations.
7. Cost Accountant (Accounting Manager Job)
A cost accountant is the next accounting profession in charge of examining any expenses related to the company’s supply chain in analyzing profitability and budget preparation.
Analysis is carried out for each cost related to labor, materials, production, shipping, administration, and so on. The information collected will be compiled and conveyed to superiors in identifying and streamlining financial conditions.
Cost and financial budget analysis can also be done easily by accountants through an automated rab application. The application can provide easy expense analysis until the next month’s budget allocation decision.
8. Project Accountant
This accounting profession is in charge on the basis of existing projects. His responsibility is to oversee all aspects of the project, which may affect the overall cost, as well as prepare and collect invoices, approve costs, verify employee working hours, and so on.
Many types of projects can be carried out by project accountants, such as the construction of new facilities and the launch of new products. This accountant often works with project managers and other professional colleagues and is required to have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
9. Financial Accounting (Accounting Manager Job)
Financial accounting is a profession with the task of compiling financial statements for use in the external affairs of the company. This accountant works with managers and colleagues in strategizing so that the company can make a greater profit.
In addition, financial accounting is also in charge of tracking all financial activities that have been recorded in the general ledger. They are also responsible for ensuring that internal procedures are implemented and all financial activities are recorded in the financial statements.
Read more financial services:
- Peel Off about Bankrate with a Fantastic Edge
- How to do Storage Asset Management? Let’s Check This Article!
Basically, audit (internal and external) is a category in the public accounting profession. External means the profession of providing financial statements for third parties so that financial feedback can be obtained.
That means a third party being a reliable source in providing an idea of the company’s financial statements is a representation of gaap. While the internal audit will determine the effectiveness of the internal accounting processes of the organization or company. Among the many choices of accountant professions, which one would be suitable for you? Cheers, yes!