financialtreat – will explain about Best Money Exchange Houston that you will get in the following article. let’s see this article carefully!
If you want to take advantage of Houston’s vibrant cultural scene, be sure to spend your money on museums, restaurants, and concert tickets instead of at ATMs, money changers, and foreign credit card fees. Before you go, read our guide to the best places for Money Exchange Houston.
What is the official currency and denomination used in Houston?
Official currency of Houston
You need to know that the official currency in Houston is the Texas (or US) dollar. The symbol for the same is $. It is also known as the dollar and equals about 72.57 Indian rupees.
Official Currency Denominations of Houston
Dollar bills come in denominations of 1 USD, 2 USD, 5 USD, 10 USD, 20 USD, 50 USD, and 100 USD. Coins are typically available in denominations ranging from 5,1,25,50,10 to 100.They are called a penny, a nickel, a dime, a quarter, half a dollar, and a silver dollar. Banknotes of 2 USD, half a dollar, and silver dollars are rarely used today.
Best Money Exchange Houston
It turns out that there are many ways to exchange money in Houston. Generally, banks offer the best exchange rates. You can also exchange currency at airports, hotels, licensed lenders, etc. There is also an option to exchange money online. Below are the places where you can exchange currency in Houston:
1. Currency exchange stores
You can exchange your money directly at currency exchange stores located throughout Houston.
- Texas Currency Exchange
- Address: 303, Memorial Mall, Houston
- Time: 11:00-19:00 Mon-Sun
- Contact information: 713-468-6800
- Address: 5085 Westheimer Road, Houston Galleria Mall, Houston
- Time: Monday-Sunday, 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Contact information: 713-398-6130
International Currency Exchange
- Address: Houston G. Bush International Airport, Main Floor, Houston
- 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Contact information: 713-649-6664
A1 Cheque Disbursement
- Address: 1811 Wirt Road, Houston
- Time: 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Contact information: (713 464-1962
Banks are a great place to exchange your currency because they offer favorable exchange rates. They are also available everywhere, so you won’t face any problems finding a bank before making a transaction.
You can also exchange currency at ATMs. There are ATMs in most places, such as restaurants, malls, airports, etc., most of which are open around the clock. This is a quick and effective way to exchange your money for USD.
It is recommended that you contact the bank in advance and ask about the withdrawal fees. Some banks have a fee per withdrawal. In such cases, it would be wiser to withdraw a larger amount of money each time than to make a small transaction.
Currency exchange kiosks are located at almost all international airports. Your money changer at the airport is a very convenient option because you don’t have to look around for currency exchange shops or banks. The kiosk is located right inside the airport and is accessible when you land.
International Currency Exchange, also referred to as ICE, is the only currency exchange service available at George Bush Intercontinental Airport. They have three kiosks located in various airport terminals.
There is one located in Terminal C that is open from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. The one in terminal D operates from 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. The ICE branch in Terminal E is open from 09:00 to 20:00. If you want to know some places to exchange currencies in Houston, you can contact the contacts listed below.
- Terminal C: 281 233 3873
- Terminal D: 281 233 3585
- Terminal E: 281 233 3869
Nowadays, you can easily do work online with a sense of comfort and peace of mind. One of the difficult tasks that we can easily perform online is currency exchange.There are tons of websites with apps that are safe and certainly guaranteed to exchange your currency for USD when visiting Houston.
XE is a great online currency exchange destination for international travelers, as it is available in multiple languages and offers effective customer support. TransferWise is another convenient option because it is secure, transparent, and has no hidden fees. Travelex is a very informative and easy-to-use online currency exchange site that also offers home delivery.
Read more financial independence:
Things to Remember When Exchanging Money at HostOn
Currency exchange stores are located throughout Houston, especially in the greater Houston area, as it is a major tourist city. So don’t rush or panic to exchange your money.
- You don’t need to use just one way to exchange all your money. According to your itinerary, you can withdraw money in part from banks, ATMs, etc.
- Beware of tourist traps. You need to be careful when converting your money. Do not provide your credit card or bank information to unauthorized sources. Make sure your lender or bank is registered and authorized. It is advisable to use the well-known money-exchange services.
- Do not go to unsafe online sites. Make sure the website address has “https” instead of “httpdress has “https” instead of “http.”
- Contact the bank ahead of time to find out about exchange rates, fees for withdrawing money, fees for changing money, etc.
- Research and compare the exchange rates offered by different banks and applications.
- Be aware of disguised or hidden costs. Read the Terms and Conditions carefully.
- It would be wise to estimate how much money you will spend on your trip. Divide this estimate into several parts and exchange or withdraw accordingly.
- Avoid airport currency exchanges.
- Research thoroughly about the current exchange rates offered in Houston.
- Always choose to be billed in USD. If you’re charged in your country’s currency, the bank can apply its own exchange rate. The local exchange rate is more favorable.
- Try to spend all your converted money or save it for another visit because, by changing the remaining money back, you will pay the conversion fee twice.
Well, that was a little bit of exposure about Money Exchange Houston. I hope it is useful. especially for those of you who are traveling to Houston. Don’t worry; you can try the explanation above when withdrawing money there.